This is the second time my sister-in-law has tagged me so I better do it this time so she doesn't think I'm ignoring her! (Love you Mel!)
When you get tagged on your blog you have to answer questions about where you were 20, 10, 5, 3, 1 year ago and also today, tomorrow, and 1 year from now. You can see Melissa's answers at spaidfamily.blogspot.com
Here goes...
20 years ago I was 8 years old and in 3rd grade. I was in my chubby stage with hair that I hated. Big bangs were the thing to have and they just wouldn't work in my naturally curly hair. Oh how I admired the girls with those overly hairsprayed bangs standing 2 feet (well maybe not 2 feet) above their forehead. I pretty much wore a headband everyday to keep my long hair out of my face. But you bet I had a grand headband collection!
10 years ago I was in the beginning of my Senior year of high school and that chubby stage was finally over! I also had my first real boyfriend that year. Senior year was packed with tons of school and church events and I also visited colleges with my dad for the following year.
5 years ago Alex and I had been married for a year and a half and we had been in Arizona for only 3 months. We were still giddy from actually being able to BUY a house (which wasn't even a close possibility while in CA) and kept ourselves busy with projects like painting and building garage shelves. It was in this first year in AZ that we were blessed with some new and now life long friends! I was working for WAMU and my branch was just around the corner from our house.
3 years ago I had fat feet, sciatic nerve pains, and a certain (Alexis) baby girl's bottom pushing into my rib cage. I was about 5 weeks away from her arrival when Alex called one day to tell me he lost his job! All I could think was, "What!!?? I'm about to have a baby and go on maternity leave, you CANNOT lose your job!" But Alex was calm and confident and thanks be to God he had another job in about 2 weeks.
1 year ago my feet were fat again, my sciatic nerve pains were making their appearance, and another (Gabriela) baby girl was pushing her little tooshy into my rib cage. Only this time I had about 10 weeks still to go before she would make her entrance into this world. This second pregnancy was definitely harder on my body than the first. Maybe chasing around an almost 2 year old all day had something to do with it! This time we were making arrangements for a scheduled c-section so there wasn't any anticipation or nervousness about the moment labor would begin.
Today I drank my first Slim Fast shake ever and Alex almost threw up when he took a sip. (Alex said that I had to include something about the Slim Fast as almost every other paragraph has some sort of mention of the status of my body) Today is Saturday so we enjoyed a nice day at home with daddy. We played outside in the morning and Alexis and I went to the park this evening for a neighborhood party with a band, food, and bounce houses. Gabby has been running a fever off and on since yesterday morning which has made for a very fussy baby. She's been fast asleep since 6:00 this evening. And now as I try to finish this entry, Alex is drifting off to dream land himself right next to me. He insisted that if I am going to finish this tonight that I have to do it here in bed next to him!
Tomorrow is my Sunday to work in the two's class at church. Will we have a calm group again like last month or will it be the usual rowdy bunch with the boys who color all over the floor and spill the bubbles? I'll have to wait until morning to find out! We'll come home for lunch and naps and then head off to our new small group in the evening.
Next year...I'm not sure what next year will hold for us. It will be Alex's 10th year teaching and maybe that comes with a big fat raise, although I truly doubt it! Hopefully we'll make our usual trips to Seattle and CA and maybe I'll even wear a 2-piece (had to keep the theme alive) on the beach again! Who knows...a lot can happen in a year!
So now you know a little about where I've been and now it's my turn to tag a few others. Here's to Jen Sather, Hailey White, and Michaela Krull and what we will find out about you 20, 10, 5, 3, 1 year ago, today, tomorrow, and next year!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I've been tagged....again!
Posted by The Arreguin's at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great post! I'll get around to doing it myself - just need to take the time (what's that?!?)
Post a Comment