Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just A Gift

9 years ago today Alex and I were "just friends" celebrating his birthday together for the first time. We'd only known each other a few months, but I had already gotten to know quite a bit about him. My friend Stephanie and I bought Alex a dart board for his 24th birthday. Not a fancy one, but something we thought he could have fun with. On this day, I had no idea that this "friend" would one day become a permanent part of my life. He says that the birthday gift made a lasting impression on him. He appreciated the fact that I had paid attention to his interests and actually put some thought into a birthday gift. It made him want to "pay more attention" to me as well. It wasn't long after that we decided we should really be more than friends! So now, each year as we celebrate Alex's birthday I am reminded of that first one we spent together and how an innocent gift planted a seed that has grown our relationship into what it is today.

Happy 33rd Birthday, Alex!!

1 comments:

Hailey said...

That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Alex!