When I was about 13 or so my dad taught me how to fix a running toilet. When I was 16 he taught me how to change a tire on a car before I was allowed to drive by myself. My dad also taught me how to give a solid handshake and to look someone in the eyes. And it was my dad who gave me "practice interviews" before the real thing after I graduated from college. These are all practicle skills that have helped me in life, although I have to admit I don't remember how to fix a toilet. But one of the most important things my dad taught me was what to look for in the man I would one day marry. Always affectionate with my mom, hard-working, sacrificial, and quick to admit when he was wrong, my dad gave us a great example of how a husband should love his wife and care for his family.
Thanks, dad, for the many lessons I've learned from you over the years. I hope you have a great Father's Day!
I love you 13!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
The Important Things
Posted by The Arreguin's at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment