Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We're still here!

I know it's been a while since I've put anything new on the blog, but our last few weeks have been a bit crazy. The flu bug decided to fly right through our whole family about 2 weeks ago and then came around to bite me again the last 3 days. It has not been fun.

We also decided that this past weekend we would finally potty train Alexis. She's been ready for quite some time now, but I have not had the time, or energy, to take a few days to really focus on it. So we declared this last weekend "Potty Training Weekend" and put nothing else on our schedule. We used this 3 Day Potty Training Method that my friend Jen recommended. It's a pretty intense 3 days being side by side your child and repeating phrases like "Are your panties dry?" and "Tell Mommy when you have to go potty" and "Hooray! You're panties are dry!" and "Hooray! You went potty in the toilet!" But it really worked! Day one we went through about 7 pairs of panties, day two about 5, and day three only 2!!! We've had two days of dry panties during nap time and two full nights of dry panties in the morning! I can't beleive it! We still have to watch her close, as her accidents always seem to happen when she's by herself, but she's doing really well. It's so nice only changing diapers on one child again!

Alex's mom has been kind enough to come over and help me with the girls while I'm trying to get better which is the reason I actually have some time to update the blog. Once I'm done here I'm off for a nap!


Here's our Mother's Day 2008 picture. We went to church in the morning, then met Alex's family for lunch, and then spent the rest of the day relaxing at home.


We finally made it back to the pool for our first session of summer swim lessons for Alexis. She hasn't been in the pool for a while so she started out a little timid and not really wanting to do anything but play on the stairs. Here she is blowing her bubbles.

Alexis is going to be a flower girl in October for our friends Rick and Katie. We found this dress on Craig's List for over half off the current price at David's Bridal! I had to hide it because she's so excited about it and wants to put it on all the time. She says "I want to put on my white dress!" It's actually Ivory, but we haven't learned those complex colors yet.

And here are the girls in the crib together again. Alexis has started a habit now of going into Gabby's room when she wakes up. I've had to try to be creative now to catch her before she goes in there and the last couple days I've actually barricaded the door so she can't get in!

0 comments: