Wednesday, July 09, 2008

28 and 7

On July 7th I turned 28 and Gabriela turned 7 months! I don't have a birthday picture of myself because, well, we don't take very many pictures of ourselves anymore! Alex and I went out on the 5th and I got some new clothes and we had a yummy dinner at Cheesecake Factory. On the 7th I went out on my own for a massage and haircut. It was a great day of pampering for me! We had cake last night with Alex's family at our house. The birthday celebration stretched over a few days which was fun.

Here is Gabby's 7 month photo. She's trying to move around more and more, but not crawling yet. She's finally rolling from her tummy to back so she can scoot around pretty good. She doesn't like to stay on her tummy for very long though. She continues to be in awe of her big sister and laughs at her every move. She's got her two bottom teeth and seems to be working on some more. I remember loving this age with Alexis as well and wishing she would stay this size. From experience, I know that this won't happen so I am trying to enjoy each baby moment that I have with her before she gets too big!

And here is Alexis at 7 months. I guess she was a little advanced physically as she had been crawling for a month and was already standing herself up. Now this little one is running around telling us that she is "almost tee". (which means three) How did that happen so fast?

A note to our viewers:
The blog posts may be lacking lately and in the near future. This is due to coming home from Seattle to a rental house that needed to be cleaned out before new renters move in. And do I mean NEEDED TO BE CLEANED!!!! Let's just say that to my best guess, the house had not been cleaned in over 6 months. We have spent 3 full days (like 10 hour days) and we are still not done. The cleaning is done (THANK GOODNESS) and we are now in the process of painting the ENTIRE upstairs. We've had workers out for pool repairs, landscaping clean up, AC inspection, lock changes, cabinet repairs, and more. It's been EXHAUSTING, but the house is finally looking nice again. It was a little disheartening the first time we walked through the house seeing it in such bad shape. This was our home for 2 years and we took great pride in it so it was really sad to see that someone else had not taken care of it. I guess that's the risk you take when you have a rental, but it still hit us kind of hard. Through all of it though, we can be thankful that the damage wasn't worse than it was. These last two weeks we have come to see how God was working through this all along. We've found a new family to rent the house and we are just praying that things will go better the 2nd time around!
Oh, and I'm leaving for Sweden on the 28th so I'll try to do at least a few posts before I go.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoyed your vacation pictures back in Seattle. We can't wait to go next month. I can imagine that between travelling and the rental property cleaning that blogging isn't even a priority!

Matt & Jen, Trey, Dax, & Linnaea said...

Dax is slower than Trey too! I owe you guys more than just a dumb Javier's pitcher! We miss you guys and we will make a trip out there soon one way or another.